Friday, April 15, 2011

Finally some PICTURES!

Here are some projects that I have done within the past couple weeks.

First up is my pantry door!  I have been wanting to paint it with chalk board paint forever!  Finally got to it and I LOVE it...minus the dust!  I still need to get a chalk pen!  Primed it with Kliz Spray Primer and painted it with Rustoleum Chalk Board paint.
Here was just a small spray painting project....I bought this little high chair from the thrift store in my hometown for $6!  Carter loves it!:)  I primed it and spray painted it with my favorite color...Krylon Blue Ocean Breeze!
Above is a bulletin board that I made out of an old frame that I bought at a garage sale for $3, some cork board from Menards for $9 and fabric from Walmart for $6.  Painted it with Krylon Spray Paint in Ivy Leaf.  I love how it turned out and now I have a place for Carter's art!


Next is a old decoration that I had in my hallway to my laundry room....it was very country looking and didnt like it.  It was navy blue and red and said "Simplify".  Sorry no before pictures.  So I had some leftover spray paint from Carters doll highchair and spray painted it and went over the middle with chalkboard paint.  I have since written "Mueller" on it with chalk.  Then I added some flowers that I made out of fabric.






This next frame I LOVE.....I bought it at a store in Amana and it is very old.  I paid $24 for it and then had buyer remorse because I thought I way over spent!  But when I painted it and found a play in my bedroom for it I was so glad I bought it!  I spray painted it with the color the im obsessed with.....Krylon Blue Ocean Breeze.  The table is from the Whatcheer Flea Market and bought it last year.


Here is the Burlap wreath that I made out of 2 wire hangers and 2 yards of Burlap.  I also added a few of the fabric flowers.  Total cost was $6.





Just thought I would throw in a couple pics of our ongoing crown molding project in our kitchen....it still needs to be painted and caulked but I love how it looks and wish we would have done it 2 years ago!!

Before


After

This is the latest project in the Mueller house!  I woke up Monday morning and NEEDED to redo my laundry room!  It was dull and boring before.  I love the color...although bright!  The space looks so much bigger and happy!  I spray painted my hamper white (Which I DONT recommend bc its shedding now), the basket on the dryer black, added the "M" which I had, the shelf I had, and spray painted the empty frame white.  Now I just need to figure out what Im doing for the window....Im thinking of putting a long shelf above the window and putting a bunch of Ball blue jars up there.  Now all thats missing is a chandelier!!  Im on the search for a smaller crystal one.

Before

After

I bought this Ball mason jar from a flea market for $2....I had the pump from some old soap. Drilled a hole in the top, inserted the pump, and added some strong glue!  Viola! 



Well thats it for now!  I have been busy and have other projects going.....post more pictures when they are done!

6 comments:

  1. 4-5 inches! Should have posted that! Sorry! If I was to make another one I would do more on the 4 inch side. Also I had to put tape in a few places around the wreath on the wire to keep the burlap "up" on the wreath bc it wanted to all fall to the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here are the complete instructions....I tweaked them alittle for mine.

    http://smilemonsters.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-burlap-wreath-continued.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOOOO much fun!!!! I love the shot of the laundry room from the kitchen. You can really see how bright and cheery it looks (and LOVE the apron haning on your 'art' board!!). Crown moulding looks amazing too. I am in love with spray painting too. Cheap/easy way to make things look new. I did some lanterns and some ceramic candle holders for the patio outside. Maybe I'll try an indoor spray paint project now, thanks to you. Keep the blogging coming- I LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute cute cute! I love the jar soap dispenser...I just saw one at last weekend at the Junk Jubilee for sale for $15!! I want to make a few myself...we have plenty of jars leftover from Emily's wedding! And I love the blue in your laundry room...much brighter! It is funny how similar our styles are:)
    Keep the crafty-ness a coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for your great comments!!!! I thought maybe I was silly for starting a blog about this stuff but Im glad you are enjoying it!:)

    ReplyDelete