First let me start off by saying that IM NOT thrilled about converting Carter's room to a "Big Boy" room. Makes me tear up. But...with his 2nd birthday coming up in less then 2 months I gotta do something. So my first project are these pictures. I bought the canvas at Hobby Lobby, I think it was $8 for all 4. Spray painted them with Krylon Banner Red. Then just used acrylic white paint for the hand and foot prints. The process of doing the prints was a DISASTER! I stripped him down, put him in the tub and painted one at a time his feet and hands. Trying to keep him from doing his own artwork on the tile in the shower was pointless. Thank GOD that the white paint could be wiped off because we has a few mistakes and movements of limbs. Lets just say this is a TWO person job and have a glass of wine ready when you are finished!! You will need it!....or 2! But I loved how it turned out and cant wait to hang them up!
A couple of people wondered how to make the fabric flowers I have been using...they are so simple but do take a few times to get them right. Or at least it did for me. There isnt a right or wrong way, just take your time and see what you like. Also...I bought a bunch of different patterns of fabric and is much cheaper to buy it by the yard then "fat quarters". If you buy 1/2 a yard you can get about 6-7 large flowers.
Here is what you will need. Fabric glue, scissors, fabric! Dont worry about the pattern on the fabric, you wont see much of that. Pick out a fabric with the colors you like rather then pattern.
First cut your fabric strip into a 1 inch piece. You can use as long or short of a piece you want. Shorter-smaller flower. Longer-bigger flower.
Then along the fabric run a thin line of glue...this is when you will start twisting the fabric around the "roll".
I like to twist mine alittle looser so it looks alittle more "fluffy". Does that make sense? Hope so!
My fabirc doesnt stayed folded the way it was which is fine and gives the fabric a "not so perfect" look. Keep twisting and put alittle glue every pass or so around.
This is a bigger flower. In the next picture you can see the difference in the shorter vs longer fabric.
Next project is still in the process. I had leftover fabric from the bulletin board that I made a couple weeks ago. And I have been needing to recover my dining room chairs because they are a puke beige. So I had enough leftover fabric to recover one to see if I liked it. And I did! So now I need 2 more yards so I can finish what I started! But here is the chair I did this morning!
Before...blah. Whoever designed these chairs to be covered in puke beige microfiber needs to be slapped.
This next chair I just finished. I bought it at a auction for $4. Sanded the heck out of it, primed it and painted it with Krylon Blue Ocean Breeze.
The last one I just did because I needed something for this little vase and needed something NOW. I like it because it was free!:) Who knew that painted dead sticks from the yard could look so good!!
Last but certainly not least....my little "helper"!!